Meet Our Pastor & Staff
St. Margaret Church and St. Mary Magdalen Mission
Meet Our Pastor
Monsignor Schenning is a Baltimorean. He was born in 1954, the second son of Matthew F. Schenning of Highlandtown and Kathleen Hannon Schenning from County Mayo, Ireland. Father Kevin is of German-Dutch and Irish descent.
Father Kevin grew up in Shrine of the Little Flower Parish in northeast Baltimore. He attended elementary school there and began high school at Saint Paul’s Latin Day Seminary. When Saint Paul’s closed, he attended Cardinal Gibbons High school and graduated from there in 1972.
Father Kevin earned his college degree at Saint Mary’s Seminary College in Catonsville and then entered Saint Mary’s Seminary and University in the Roland Park area of Baltimore. He was awarded his Masters in Divinity Degree in 1981 and ordained a Deacon in May of that year. He was assigned to Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Baynesville for his diaconal experience and was then ordained to the priesthood on November 28, 1981.
He has served very well in a number of parishes during his years as a priest:
- Associate Pastor of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish in Essex from 1981 to 1988
- Associate Pastor of Saint Dominic Parish in Hamilton from 1988 to 1994
- Pastor of Saint Joan of Arc Parish in Aberdeen from 1994 to 2000
- Pastor of Saint Jane Frances de Chantal Parish in Rivera Beach from 2000 to 2004
- Pastor of Saint Joseph Parish in Fullerton from 2004 to 2016.
In December 2009, Pope Benedict recognized all that Father had done by bestowing the title on him of Monsignor. Throughout his years as a priest, Father Kevin has served on the Archdiocesan Presbyteral (Priests) Council, the Core Team for City Ministry, and the Priests Personnel Board.
Msgr. G. Michael Schleupner